Conquer Your Equestrian Chores 🚀Jan 29, 2024
Have you ever faced a mountain of chores that just made you want to run the other way? We've all been there.
Today, we're going to share a powerful mindset hack that will change the way you tackle those tough, “I’d-rather-not” tasks – both in the stable and beyond.
Imagine this: a cold morning, a bunch of stables and paddocks needing your attention, and all you want to do is stay in bed.
What if we told you that you could conquer this with a simple mindset shift? Let's dive in!
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Overwhelm
- Identify the Challenge: Take a good look at that big task. Find a small, manageable part to start with. Think of it like choosing one paddock to clean instead of all of them at once. Small steps lead to big changes!
- Set a Clear, Achievable Goal: Keep it simple and straightforward. Tell yourself, "I'm going to clean this one paddock, then treat myself to a delicious breakfast." It's all about rewarding yourself for each step you take!
- Start with the Small Task: Dive into that manageable part you picked. Just focus on that and forget the rest for now. It's like putting blinders on and running your race, one step at a time!
- Witness the Domino Effect: After you've nailed that first task, you'll feel a boost to tackle the next. This is the magic of momentum – one achievement sparks another!
- Apply the Technique Broadly: This isn't just for stable duties. Whether it's cleaning your tack (starting with the bridle) or breaking a big work project into 25-minute sprints, this strategy is your universal helper.
- Keep a Promise to Yourself: Super important – stick to your plan! After you finish that first task, enjoy the reward you promised. This builds a trusty bond with yourself, making the process even more effective.
- Enjoy Your Reward: Savour that breakfast or break. It's your well-deserved prize for a job well done. This step is like the cherry on top, sweetening your success!
- Reflect and Repeat: Done with your reward? Feel like you can do more? Great, go for the next part! If not, that's totally fine – you've already made fantastic progress.
By following these steps, you transform overwhelming tasks into a series of achievable, satisfying accomplishments.
For more tips and insights on how to get things done even when you don’t feel like it, listen to the podcast episode, “My #1 Go To When 'I Don't Feel Like It.'”
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCAST
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
Help Us Spread the Word
If these tips have sparked a change in your approach, spread the love! Share our newsletter with fellow equestrian enthusiasts or a friend who would benefit from it.
Share our Newsletter: www.mindeq.eu/weeklyhacks
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY LIFE LESSONS
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.